Steve has more than ten years of experience helping clients navigate difficult intellectual property issues in diverse technologies like cellular and WiFi communications, consumer electronics, medical devices, and automotive. He has handled all aspects of patent litigation in federal courts, at the ITC, and even foreign jurisdictions. Steve also has significant experience in counseling his clients on patent licensing, including issues related to global standard essential patent licensing.
Prior to joining Folio Law Group, Steve held the role of Director of Patent Litigation at Intellectual Ventures, where he managed a portfolio of global patent litigation with a heavy emphasis on communication technology. Before that, he was in private practice at both global and nationally recognized law firms in New York. Steve also had a brief career as an engineer at a communications company where he designed and tested radio hardware before joining the practice of law. Steve leverages this diverse experience to achieve business oriented results for his clients, no matter their goals.
Steve represented a major medical technology company in various IP-related disputes with its competitors. As part of this representation, Steve was a member of a team that successfully obtained a rare preliminary injunction on behalf of the client.
Steve represented a major consumer electronics manufacturer against a competitor in a series of litigations related to mobile GPUs, including actions in federal court, at the ITC, and before the PTAB.
Steve represented a leading technology company in multiple litigations relating to memory technology against patent licensing companies.
Steve represented a small technology company against major semiconductor chip manufacturers in litigation relating to multi-core processors.
- Member of the New York State Bar
- Member of the Washington State Bar
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Admitted to the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- B.S. Electrical Engineering – Rochester Institute of Technology
- J.D. – Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law